Friday, August 29, 2008

Shaken up

And I mean in a good way -- congratulations to Alaska governor Sarah Palin on being tapped as McCain's VP nominee. I didn't think John-John had it in him: he's hit not just a home run, but a home run out of the park.

We've been out of the political loop here at Kavanna for the last month or so, busy with many of life's pressing things. I've been meaning to blog for some time on the changing dynamics of American politics and what's gone wrong with the Republican party, and I will soon. (See here for my earlier thoughts.)

Suffice it for now to say that, with Palin on the ticket and the credibility she brings on the "shrink-bloated-corrupt-big-government" front, McCain has now massively confirmed his earlier, tentative push to break the Republicans out of their self-imposed ghetto. They spent ten years building a prison for themselves out of partisan hysteria and attempts to awe and buy off voters with ever more lavish activist big government. But they found instead that they had only alienated larger and larger swaths of the electorate. Except for 2002, it's placed a steepening cost on them in every election since 1998 and now threatens the party's and country's future.

McCain has his core domestic theme down: run against Congress, and don't be partisan about it. The era of Bush, Rove, and braindead loyalty is thankfully over.

Not bad for a guy with an enlarged prostate :)

POSTSCRIPT: Sissy Willis is also happy: "It's a girl!" No confirmation yet on the HRC suicide watch! ;-D

POST-POSTSCRIPT: And progress on closing the "supermodel gap"?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Sissy Willis said...

I'm thinking this girl thing is huge. I lost interest in feminism following the Marxist Gramscian march through the institutions, but with Sarah Palin's pick for Republican VP candidate this day, my heart sings.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Binah said...

Sissy,

I hear ya :) BTW, I noticed I didn't have your excellent blog on my blogroll. This is an inexplicable failure on my part, which I have now corrected.

Binah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home